Patient Post-Treatment Instructions
- Patients may experience burning sensation for 1-2 hours immediately after the treatment.Cooling with an ice pack can provide relief to the treated area. Make sure to enclose the icepack in sterile and dry gauze toprevent water from penetrating the tissue in the treated area.
- Keep the treatment area moisturized. After the first day, gently wash and pat the skin gently dryfor two days. Do not scrub the treated area. Moisturize daily. Usually, any crust will separatenaturally within 5-7 days after the treatment.
- Please do not use cosmetics which contain active ingredients such as Retinol or AHA aftertreatment without prior permission from the doctor.
- Avoid exercising for the first week post-treatment or until initial healing has occurred. Increasedredness may result from any activity that increases blood flow or body temperature (e.g. alcoholconsumption, exercise, and sauna).
- Avoid using cosmetics containing alcohol for at least 1 week after treatment.
- For at least 20 days after treatment, apply UV A/B sunblock daily with SPF of at least 30. Use anumbrella, hat or any other available protection against sunlight while spending time outdoors.
- Please contact your doctor with any questions or concerns.